Friday, June 24, 2011

Displays and Sewing and New AG Stuff, Oh My!

Hi guys! My family's new camera is really giving me fits, so I took pictures with our old one so I could upload them. The pics aren't as good as the ones the new camera takes, but I feel really bad about not posting pictures in a SERIOUSLY long time.

Here are the promised pics of my doll display shelf and table!


Here's the whole display area. There's a shelf thing and a table, as you can see.

This is a beach scene with Kailey, Emily and Molly.

Sandy is guarding Kailey's flippers and mask :)

*Sorry this pic is so incredibly blurry* I just wanted to show you Kailey's beautiful hair! I love it in this style!

Here Kit is giving Chrissa a tour of 1934 Cincinati (Notice their 30's clothes)

Kirsten's relaxing. :)

Here's Robby! I love the outfit he's in; it's one of the first AG outfits I ever owned.

Here's Molly, the cloth doll my Gran made me ages ago.

I've been doing some sewing lately, and I though you might like to see it:


I had a bunch of muslin laying around so I decided to make Kirsten a lacey underskirt . . .

And a pair of lacey pantelets!

They were really easy and super fun to make. For the underskirt I slightly modified a pattern I had and for the pantelets I just shorted a pattern for PJ pants and added the lace! If you have Kirsten, Addy or Josephina and sew I highly recommend making something like this. The underskirt makes all of the dresses look more 'poofy' and more period-accurate.

The pantelets have elastic and the skirt fastens with a snap.

I also made this cute dress and bolero jacket. This isn't for my girls, though, I'm going to sell it.

The trim around the waist took WAYYY longer than it should have because I am a SLOW hand sewer and I couldn't do it on my machine. 

The dress looks cute with or without the bolero.

The dress fastens with two snaps in the back.

All seams are fully finished with the 'honey comb' stitch.

Looks pretty good with the underskirt, if I do say so myself.

I'm working on a pair of doll blue jeans using the Liberty Jane pattern. I got it for free on memorial day, but if I had known how awesome it is I would have happily paid the $4 it ussually costs! I HIGHLY recommend the pattern.

Close up of the faux fly and real pockets!

I'm finishing the seams with the honey comb stitch on this, too.

As you all probably already know, AG just released a lot of new stuff! Here are my favorites:


This doll looks A LOT like me! I have blue eyes, not brown, but I have blonde hair in a similair style! If I ever get a MAG, it will probably be this one!!!


Isn't this adorable? I might try to make something like it . . .


I love the colors in this costume! It kinda reminds me of Jasmine in Aladin.


The watch sets are adorable! A little over-priced, though.


Adorable! I think it would look GREAT on Kirsten!

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Rachel~Doll Girl said...

I really love the sewing you've been doing! It all looks great! You can see some of my sewing here: 1. http://dollgirl2.blogspot.com/2011/06/watermellon-outfit.html
2.http://dollgirl2.blogspot.com/2011/06/beach-dress.html

Emma said...

Cute stuff! Your displays are awesome. You are such a fantastic sewer! :D I'm thinking of doing a post soon of the AG stuff I've sewn. ;D

~*Emma*~

American Girl Dolls Rock!! said...

Wow awesome!! I love the bunk beds you have like 4 beds that is a huge bunk bed i love it! Wow you are an amazing sewer!! I really like the jeans you sewed!