Here are all the pattern pieces! I printed it out at AG Playthings.com (A FANTASTIC website for collectors!) The only change I made to the pattern was I lengthened the skirt so the hem would be easier.
Everything all pinned out on my family's dining room table. I did a muslin before doing the real thing to make sure the pattern fit right. (It did.)
Close-up of the skirt so you can see the marks for the growth strips (My FAVORITE part of the dress!)
Pieces cut out. (Forgive the poor light, it was late and the flash was being strange.)
The muslin turned out great, so I started on the real thing!
Bodice and one sleeve almost done.
Another sleeve added.
And now, what you've all been waiting for . . . . .
The finished product! I made Kirsten's school dress using Civil War reproduction fabric that my sewing teachers got me in Lancaster (they're the best!). I love the stripes so much!
Very blurry close-up of the bodice and waistband.
Close-up of the sleeve cuff.
And a close-up of Kirsten because she's so pretty!
Some other news: I have 25 followers! Thank you so much guys! Vote on my poll to decide how we're going to celebrate that.
Still more news: I may be changing my doll collection a bit, getting rid of clothes I don't use much anymore and may possibly, possibly box up one or two of my dolls and put them in the attic to save for my daughter when I grow up. Don't worry, this is NOT the dreaded 'I've outgrown dolls' post, I'm just not using my dolls as much as I used to. I am completely OBSESSED with sewing doll clothes though, so this blog will be around for many years to come. :)
Even more News: I have a week of free time coming up, so if you have an idea for a post, let me know about and I'll do it!