Sunday, October 9, 2011

Almost a whole year of blogging!

Hey guys! In preparation for my Blog-a-versary, I'm going to share some of the highlights of this past year. Today, to get started, I'm going to share the story of why I started my blog.

Almost two years ago one of my friends, who I used to play American Girl dolls with, gave away most of her stuff. She was really the only person I still played with at this point, so I was really sad. So I was fiddling on the internet one day, and I googled 'American Girl Doll Lovers'. And whoa! I couldn't believe all of the results! The first one that caught my eye was American Girl Fan. I saw the most recent post, which I think might've been the mini adventures of Kaya, I can't really remember, and I was instantly pulled in. I loved these things called photo stories, they were just so cool! Then from the links page on American Girl Fan, I found Our Dolls. I was amazed at the Gothard sisters' collection! I found a bunch of other blogs through comments on American Girl Fan.

Then, about a year ago, my guinea pig, Cookie (short for Lord Cookiemonster of the Guinea Pig Dynasty) died. I was really sad. When I had him, my dad and I had cleaned his cage every Saturday, and it took between an hour and an hour and a half depending on how much Cookie ate that week (if you know what I mean) so I didn't want to be reminded of that every week, so I thought I'd find something else to do on saturdays . . . and American Girl World was born. Believe it or not, my mom came up with the name. :)

Here's the first picture I ever took of an AG doll:
Not half bad, if I do say so myself.

And here's a picture I took of Emily today! I like the lighting in this one better, and I've learned that shadows exist in nature so it's okay to have them (hehe). I also think this picture is softer somehow.
What do you think?

Thanks for reading about the history of American Girl World!

 
PS: Only 10 posts to go until 100!

1 comment:

Priya said...

Wow, that's really cool!! Here's my history:

One day in early spring of 2011 I was randomly searching Innerstar University on Google, and I found the site American Girl Fan. I loved it, and entered many of it's contests. I wanted a site of my own! Finally, when I was brave enough, I asked my parents and they said yes. I started a site on Weebly on March 25th, 2011, and used it until August 2011. Weebly was having major problems, so I moved to WordPress, which I love.

Happy {almost} Blogoversary! I think I'm at 77 posts now, just 23 more to go. :)

Your blogging friend,
Priya