Saturday, December 18, 2010

All About Emily

Thank you to who voted on my poll! Emily is very flattered that she's your favorite doll of mine. In honor of her getting the one and only (so far!) vote, here's an 'All About Me' post about Emily.

Hi there! My name is Emily Rose Bennet and I go to school at Pleasant View Academy. I'm here on a full scholarship for academics, and people say I'm very smart. I would have to agree with them.

My favorite hang-out is the library, which Kailey says is lame beyond belief, but I disagree. My all time favorite book is my English text book: Gaining Skills With Words. I won't deny that this is a bit nerdy, but I hate it when my grammar is inaccurate.

For clothes, I'm usually true to my time period (1940's) except for when it gets too annoying. I love skirts and American jumpers as well as knee socks and buckle shoes.

Christmas is my favorite holiday, so I'm usually extremely happy and upbeat this time of year. I love dressing for the season, and I especially love my angel shirt, which I'm wearing here. Decorating the Christmas tree is my favorite holiday tradition, though the one pictured is kinda lame, since is only has three ornaments. (There's one in the back you can't see.)

I may be an 'American Girl', but I'm British, and don't you forget it! It can get annoying being British, as slang is different in England and we have entirely different words for some things, like what you call sneakers are trainers back home. We call sweaters jumpers, too, which is why I said 'American jumpers' before. I think British words make more sense than American, but everyone else disagrees.

My photo album is one of my most prized possessions. I keep it under my pillow and look at it any time I'm missing home. These are two of my favorite pictures because they're of some of my favorite people! On the left are my grandparents, whom I call Grandy and Grandmother, and on the right are the British princesses during WWII: Elizabeth (who's now the queen!) and Margaret Rose. I love how we have the same middle name!

Whenever a new AG catalogue comes, I spend hours looking at every single thing in it. I especially love the holiday catalogue because the pages are almost as big as me! Hey look, Molly and I are on this page! I wonder if Katie will get anything from here for Christmas.

My favorite book series is the Chronicles of Narnia, and my favorite book in the series is The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. My favorite part is at the very end, when Lucy, Edmond, Peter and Susan all spill out of the wardrobe and back into the world they left at exactly the time they left it. (Read the book if you don't know what I'm talking about.) I also saw the new movie with Molly and Kirsten, and I loved it!

Another book I love is Matilda by Roald Dahl. I love this book because Matilda kind of reminds me of myself, but I have much nicer parents. In my world, Miss D'Mart, my English teacher, is like Miss Honey in the book. I think I've read this book about ten times and it gets even better each time I read it.

Well, that's me, Emily Rose Bennet. I love this close-up because it shows my hair clip, which is my favorite holiday accessory. Thank you for reading about me, and especially thank you to who voted for me on Katie's poll.
~Emily Rose Bennet

PS: Don't forget to visit this website on Friday to see Katie's Christmas surprise.

No comments: